A pergola is one of the biggest decisions you’ll make so you’ll want to get it right. Giving a bit of thought to how you’ll use your pergola and the space you want to put it in can make the whole process much easier. So, grab a pen and paper and make a few notes before you decide on your pergola.
- Where will you pergola be sited? Do you have an existing patio/terrace where it can be fitted or will you need groundworks? Yorkshire Pergolas don’t do the groundworks so you’ll need to get a qualified local contractor to do this…
- Will it be wall mounted or freestanding? Are there any existing obstacles which may either prevent fitting or need to be planned around? A photo of the site can help us tell you whether a pergola can be fitted and if we need to work around anything.
- How big will your pergola be? Our pergolas are modular so we can fit different sizes from the small to the very large. One consideration is the space but also fitting furniture and other accessories into it can be something you need to bear in mind. Is it going to be a small home office, a space for entertaining or an extension to a busy restaurant?
- Are you going to want to use it all year round or mainly spring and summer? If you want to use it in the colder months you’re going to need heating, lighting and glazing. Some of our pergolas have a higher resistance to adverse weather conditions than others so consider the weather in your area. Weather sensors help control your pergolas response to wind and rain.
- Are you going to fit heating, lighting and music? If you just need a basic pergola without automation we have manual models but if you want to add accessories you’ll need to consider an electrical supply. This needs to be set up before you fit the pergola so you’ll need the help of a qualified contractor.
- If you’re a commercial customer you may need to check out your lease and fire regulations as well. Not everywhere can fit a pergola safely or legally so if in doubt – check it out!
If you’ve considered all these points and are pretty certain that you can fit a pergola and you’ve checked out our handy guides all that you need to do is browse our brochure and decide the style you’d like and give us a call or drop us an email and we’ll help you do the rest.